Helpful Thanksgiving Tips and Reminders
With Thanksgiving only a little over a day away, it’s easy to get caught up in the run around and forget some things. Make this a Thanksgiving to remember with these helpful little reminders:
- Defrost the Turkey! If you haven’t started to defrost your turkey in the refrigerator yet, there are some alternatives. Did you know that you can defrost a turkey in cold water? Keep the turkey in the plastic package and place in cold water for about thirty minutes per pound, changing the water every thirty minutes to make sure it stays ice cold. Be sure the turkey doesn’t get to room temperature, though. That’s when bacteria begins to grow.
- Make as many dishes ahead of time as possible including pies. This will help free up your oven for all of that turkey and stuffing!
- Run through all of the recipes and dishes you plan to make on Turkey Day and make one list of all things you may have forgotten to eliminate multiple trips to the store.
- Dust, vacuum, mop, and tidy up before Thursday. This will save you time on Turkey Day when you are making last minute dishes and entertaining your guests.
- Be calm! Thanksgiving is about counting your blessings and spending time with family and friends. Just remember that if something doesn’t go as planned, it will be alright – you’re making memories!
- Use a meat thermometer to be sure the turkey is 185 degrees Fahrenheit at it’s thickest part.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Ginny’s family to yours! We would love to hear your tips and tricks for a successful Turkey Day. Is there anything we missed?