In the summer, when you have zucchinis galore coming out of the woodwork, turn to our Zucchini Patties recipe for a delicious and crispy treat. Baking the patties in an oven is a healthier alternative to frying, but the mix of jalapeno, onion, and bread crumbs makes it taste just as good. The patties make a great light lunch or an after-work snack; or, pair them with chicken for dinner as a yummy vegetable side. This zucchini patties recipe is made especially for our 10-in-1 Everything Oven, though you can also make it in a standard oven. Simply preheat to 400° F and then follow the rest of the instructions normally.
1 medium zucchini, shredded
2 rings jalapeno, finely minced
½ medium onion
2 T. hot sauce
1 c. bread crumbs
2 T. ranch dressing
Minced salt and pepper
- Turn the heater to ALL/ROTISSERIE and the temperature to 400° F for baking on the center rack.
- Put the shredded zucchini in a thin towel and squeeze it into a ball over your sink to drain as much liquid as possible (patties will not hold together well if they are too wet).
- Put the drained zucchini in a large bowl and mix in the onion, eggs, bread crumbs and jalapenos until well blended. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Form the patties with your hands. Make them thin so they will cook up nice and crispy.
- Place the patties on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce with the ranch dressing for a creamy, zesty sauce. Drizzle a little sauce over each patty and serve hot.
- Makes 8 patties