Risotto with Mushrooms and Truffle Olive Oil
Making risotto with mushrooms can be a long and complicated process, but with a pressure cooker, it takes half the time. Risotto is a classic dish with dozens of possible variations; for example, you can add shrimp, pumpkin, and any combination of fresh herbs. One of our favorite versions involves mushrooms and truffle flavored olive oil. It’s the perfect earthy complement to the creamy, cheesy rice. Risotto with mushrooms and olive oil will take you about half an hour in a pressure cooker, and is fairly hands-off: no standing over a hot stove stirring for twenty-five minutes!
1 medium red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ c. Arborio rice
4 c. chicken broth
3 T. butter
1 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 T. truffle flavored olive oil
¼ c. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 ½ T. butter and 1 ½ T. olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add rice and broth to the mixture.
- Using a pressure cooker, or rice machine, set to RICE function.
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms truffle flavored olive oil and butter (1 ½ T. each).
- When the rice is done, add the mushrooms and cheese. Stir and heat 5 minutes on KEEP WARM before serving.