Celebrate Halloween with creamy and cute ghost potatoes. These adorable little treats are perfect for seasonal dinners or family Halloween parties. They’re a nutritious treat to offset all that trick-or-treat candy, but have just enough holiday spirit to make kids and adults smile. Our mashed potatoes recipe is nice and creamy, but you can feel free to substitute this recipe with your favorite recipe. Then just add peas for eyes, and you have spooky little ghost potatoes!
3 lbs. small red potatoes, cut in half and skinned
1 c. chicken or vegetable broth
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. butter, cut into pieces
1 c. plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- Place the potatoes, broth and garlic into the slow cooker pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm. Mash the potatoes, or use a hand-mixer for smoother potatoes.
- Stir in the butter pieces and yogurt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your potatoes are done, place them in a disposable plastic bag. Cut a small triangle off the corner of the bag and squeeze the potato mixture out of the bag. Pull slowly up and away from the base so that the ghosts start fat at the bottom and get skinner at the top.
- Use the peas to make eyes on the ghosts you just created.