Make your own honey yogurt using a multi cooker and just three simple ingredients. While making your own yogurt might sound a little intimidating, have no fear! With the right multi cooker, it’s a hands-off process that involves about three steps: pouring milk into a cooking pot, pressing some buttons, and mixing a little bit of yogurt with live cultures into the cooking pot. Honey yogurt is a wonderful light breakfast on its own, or you can pair with toast or eggs. We love mixing in seasonal fruit like strawberries in July or raisins in November; you can even sprinkle a little brown sugar on top for a sweet treat!
4 c. whole or 2% milk
1/4 c. yogurt (make sure it has live cultures listed on the ingredients)
1/4 c. honey
Fresh fruit (optional)
- Add milk to cooking pot. Turn on the multi cooker and close the lid. Press the Yogurt button, and then press Start. It will display HEAT and then begin to heat up the milk. When the milk has been heated, the machine will beep again and COOL will appear; feel free to open the lid to speed the cooling process.
- When the milk cools, the machine will beep and ADD will appear. Ladle a small amount of warm milk into a bowl and stir in the 1/4 cup of yogurt with the live culture. Once thoroughly mixed, add milk/culture mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Close the lid and press the Yogurt button. The machine will show 8:00 on the timer. You can adjust the timer between 8 and 12 hours; the longer it cooks, the thicker and tarter it will be. Once you’ve chosen your time, press the Start button.
- When the yogurt is finished cooking, open the lid and pour the yogurt from the cooking pot into a bowl. Use a whisk to mix the yogurt until it’s creamy. Cover the yogurt with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours to set.
- Once the yogurt has set, transfer to serving bowls. Drizzle with honey and garnish with fresh fruit or walnuts. Serve and enjoy!