Clear out your pantry with a batch of monster cookies, so named because of their monstrously delicious ingredient list (at least, in our opinion). Consider this ingredient list as more of a guideline instead of a hard-and-fast requirement; the goal is to pack as much peanut butter-y, chocolate-y, oatmeal-y goodness as possible into a single cookie. Feel free to add peanut butter chocolate chips, nuts, and more. You’ll want to use a hand or stand mixer to beat all the ingredients together unless, of course, you have inhumanly strong arm strength. Just be careful not to over-mix the ingredients. The monster cookies should be light, fluffy, and full of monstrous goodness!
6 oz. creamy peanut butter
¾ c. brown sugar
½ c. candy covered chocolate pieces
½ c. white sugar
¼ c. chocolate chips
¼ t. salt
¼ c. raisins
¼ t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
½ c. butter, softened
2 ¼ c. oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and both sugars using medium speed with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the salt, vanilla, butter and peanut butter and continue mixing on a low/medium speed, until smooth.
- Stir in the candy, chips, raisins, baking soda and oats. Blend well, but don’t over-mix!
- Drop by tablespoon on a non-stick cookie sheet, about 2” apart (the cookies will spread out).
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.