Make S’mores Indoors Anytime
Is there a better way to celebrate “National Toasted Marshmallow Day” than with a delicious s’mores indoors dessert?
Eating a gooey s’more doesn’t always require a campfire. We put together a s’mores in a skillet recipe that captures the chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness without the firewood and flame. This Campfire Skillet S’mores recipe gives you the campfire experience, indoors. You could say, it’s “s’mores indoors!”
We make Campfire Skillet S’mores in the Ginny’s Brand Enameled Cast Iron Skillet. Cast Iron has been popular for a long time, and it’s easy to see why. It absorbs the heat evenly and completely and then releases it consistently in the food, giving great results. The enamel on the cast iron keeps it from rusting, and you don’t have to pre-season it.
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Cast Iron is very versatile in going from stovetop to oven, which is why we chose to use it in the Campfire Skillet S’mores recipe.
2. Break milk chocolate bars into small squares. If the butter is cold, also cut it into smaller pieces. This will help the chocolate and butter melt more quickly in the cast iron skillet.
3. Melt the small milk chocolate squares, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in the cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Top the chocolate mixture with mini marshmallows and place in the oven for 4 minutes. This will give the marshmallows time to melt and toast on the top, turning the whole skillet into the perfect s’mores dessert.
5. While waiting for the marshmallows to toast break graham crackers into smaller squares for dipping. We recommend giving the dessert a few minutes to cool before dipping in, as it is very hot after it comes out of the oven. But – don’t wait too long, because we all know that s’mores are best when warm and melty!
Campfire Skillet S’mores
1/2 cup butter
3 milk chocolate bars, broken
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 (16 oz.) bag mini marshmallow
Preheat oven to 450°. Melt butter and chocolate bars in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, stirring until incorporated. Top chocolate mixture with mini marshmallows; place in oven for 4 minutes. Serve with graham crackers for dipping.