Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
For the most savory, sweet, and sinfully delicious dessert out there, you have to try these chocolate chip bacon cookies. While it may sound a little odd, bacon adds a smoky, salty flavor and a little extra crunch to standard chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to fry your bacon to the perfect, desired crispiness. We prefer it just a little crispy, but we promise it tastes just as good no matter how fried the bacon is! The only downside to chocolate chip bacon cookies? They’re so dangerously good, you might not want to stop eating them! We highly recommend this recipe for any sort of big family gathering, school event, or party; your dessert will quickly become the star of the show.
Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookie Ingredients
1 c. butter
¾ c. granulated sugar
½ c. packed brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ c. bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a mixer on medium, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together, then add slowly to creamed mixture, beating until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and bacon by hand.
- Drop 1 tablespoon amounts (about 2 inches apart) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.