Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Add a little more delicious taste to plain nacho chips with bacon cheeseburger dip! Find all the classic ingredients of your standard chip dip like cheddar cheese, along with some standard cheeseburger must-haves: seared ground beef, tangy relish, and, of course, ketchup and mustard. Plus, we included a pound of bacon in this recipe because no great snack is complete without it! Bacon cheeseburger dip is a great option for game day appetizers or family get-togethers.
1 lb. bacon, cut into chunks
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. relish
4 T. mustard
3 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 T. jalapeno, chopped (optional)
1 c. cheddar cheese
1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet on the stove-top, cook the bacon over medium high heat until the bacon is slightly crispy–you can also make it a little crispier if you prefer. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a plate that’s covered with a paper towel. Allow the grease to drain.
- Leave the rest of the bacon grease in the skillet. Leaving the burner on medium-high, brown the ground beef and onion together until the beef is done. Drain all grease from the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ketchup, relish, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add this to the beef mixture, along with the jalapeño and bacon. Mix to combine all the ingredients together in the skillet.
- Spread the cream cheese out into an even layer on top of the meat mixture. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese for a delicious, cheesy finish. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or chips of your choosing, before it gets too cold!