Bacon Wrapped Sausages at the Ginny’s House
We love new recipes, and we especially love trying recipes from our friends and customers! Heidi, our Creative Director, wanted to make something new for the game on Sunday, so she asked our Facebook fans for their best appetizer recipes. We picked our favorite–Lil’ Smokies and Bacon, from Lori–and whipped up a batch on camera to show you just how easy it is to make! It was a nice way to end a week of hard work putting together the fall catalog. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look as we cook up this tasty treat.
To see the full video, click here! The recipe is at the bottom of the page.
They were delicious! No matter who wins this Sunday, we definitely found a winner in this recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us, Lori!
Lori’s Lil’ Smokies
1 package of bacon
2 packages of Little Smokies
brown sugar (about 1/2 c)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut the slices of bacon into thirds.
3. Wrap each piece of bacon around a smokie, then put a toothpick through it to hold it all together. Place the smokies on the foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over the smokies. Don’t worry if it gets all over the pan–it will all caramelize.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until crisp–about 45 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before eating. Enjoy!