Ribs have never been easier than with this slow cooker BBQ ribs recipe. Season and brown the ribs on a weekend morning, and then let them marinate in the slow cooker during the day while you go on a road trip, get some errands done, or just relax. Eight hours later, the ribs will be perfectly flavored and practically falling off the bone. We especially love the tang of chili sauce mixed with sweet brown sugar
4 lbs. pork baby back ribs
salt & pepper to taste
2 c. ketchup
1 c. chili sauce
1-2 c. packed brown sugar
4 T. vinegar
2 t. dried oregano
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Brown them in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn them over, and brown another 15 minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Place ribs in a slow cooker. Pour sauce over the ribs, and stir to coat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the ribs are tender.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Yield: 4-5 servings