If you’re looking to cook the perfect roast chicken, try a halogen convection oven: instant halogen heat browns, sears, and seals in juices while a convection fan moves air around to speed up the cooking time and heat the whole chicken evenly. This roast chicken and veggies recipe is a full meal that takes minimal effort to prepare! Most of the time is hands-off, making it the perfect (and nutritious!) weeknight homemade meal.
1 whole chicken, 3-4 lbs.
1/4 c. + 1 T. grapeseed oil, divided
1/2 t. course salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 large red onion, sliced
1 lb. small potatoes
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 c. fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and coat with 1/4 cup oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Spray bottom rack of halogen cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on rack, breast-side down.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add prepped veggies, the 1 T. oil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat
- After time is up, turn chicken over, arrange veggie around it, and cook until the internal temperature of the chicken breast is 165 degrees (about 30-40 more minutes). Enjoy!