Chicken Alfredo lasagna takes a twist on a classic dish while staying simple and fuss-free. This is a great dish for when you have company and need to make a lot of food without a lot of work, and also makes for delicious leftovers that will keep you full all week long. Four kind of cheeses combine with creamy Alfredo sauce and chopped vegetables for the perfect flavor explosion. We like using pre-made jars of Alfredo sauce to cut down on the prep time for this chicken Alfredo lasagna, but feel free to make your own if you feel ambitious!
2 jars (15 oz. ea.) Alfredo sauce
10 lasagna noodles (oven ready)
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 container (15 oz.) cottage cheese
1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces
1 c. fresh spinach, chopped
2 c. chicken, cooked and chopped
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1/2 t. dried oregano
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Start with a 9” x 13” oven safe pan. Spread ½ of one jar of Alfredo sauce on the bottom and add one layer of uncooked noodles on top (break the noodles to fit).
- In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta and cottage cheese until blended. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Follow with the following layers: half the mushrooms, half the spinach, half the chicken, half the tomatoes (drain the tomatoes, but retain the juice), half the oregano, one jar of sauce and half the mozzarella.
- Next, layer more noodles and repeat the layers from step 4 using the remaining ingredients, ending with a half jar of sauce and then the mozzarella.
- Drizzle the tomato juice over the top of all and add the Parmesan. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let the lasagna rest for 20 minutes before serving.