Summertime means crisp, fresh vegetables, and there’s no better way to enjoy fresh produce than a veggie frittata! While this recipe can definitely be made with supermarket vegetables, try waking up early on the weekend and heading to a local farmer’s market for the crispest, most delicious vegetables. Sun-ripened tomatoes are especially yummy additions. Then, head home and make a veggie frittata that tastes just like summertime! Feel free to add any favorite vegetables that we haven’t included in this recipe, and use your favorite type of shredded cheese, whether it’s mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, or something else.
½ c. milk
½ onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tomato, 4 very thin slices and dice the rest
1 handful spinach
1 c. shredded cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and green pepper until they become tender.
- Add the garlic, spinach, and diced tomatoes to the skillet and stir until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the egg, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the cover over the skillet and cook until the eggs are set (they should start to pull away from the edges) and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.