While pumpkin pie will always be one of our favorites, we’ve recently fallen in love with this simple pumpkin cheesecake. Creamy cheesecake and cozy pumpkin flavors make this the ultimate comfort food dessert. Since most of the time is hands-off, it only takes about 20 minutes of hands-on prep time. You can save time time by using a pre-made pie crust. If you have an extra fifteen minutes, though, a homemade graham cracker crust is always worth it!
This recipe makes two cheesecakes.
2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
3 packages (8 oz. each) of cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
4 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and the brown sugar for about 5 minutes. It should be fluffy and lump-free when you’re done.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, sour cream, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Whisk until it’s well combined, and then add the mixture to the cheese cake mixture. Mix on low speed until well combined.
4. Transfer filling into pie crust and bake on the middle rack at 350˚F for 1 hour.
5. After an hour, turn off the heat, prop the oven door open slightly, and let the cheesecake just cool in the oven for about 45 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely before covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating. It’s ready to serve after it’s been chilled for at least 4 hours.
Add some whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon for a sweet finish to this simple pumpkin cheesecake!