If Santa had a favorite dessert, he would probably choose these homemade peppermint cookies! Crushed peppermint candies make this sweet treat perfect for the Christmas season. Plus, preparation time is under 30 minutes so there’s no endless waiting in the kitchen! We recommending crushing the peppermint candy by sealing the candy inside a plastic bag and then smashing the candies with a rolling pin or saucepan. Just remember: if you set out these peppermint cookies for Santa, don’t forget to save some for yourself!
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. sour cream
4 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Set crushed peppermints aside and mix remaining ingredients.
- Use a teaspoon to drop cookie dough balls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle cookies with crushed peppermint and finish baking for an additional 3-5 minutes or until peppermints are slightly melted and cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Set the cookies on wire racks to cool.