Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day” like chocolate raspberry cheesecake hearts! Cheesecake and fresh raspberries combine for a sweet mixture that will make Valentine’s Day delicious for friends and family alike. All you need is a heart shaped cookie cutter and a few basic pantry ingredients. Chocolate raspberry cheesecake hearts are perfect for small Valentine’s Day parties or even a date night with your valentine!
1 ½ c. chocolate cookie crumbs (or chocolate graham cracker crumbs)
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) low calorie cream cheese, softened
¾ c. sugar
1 ¼ c. fresh or frozen raspberries, mashed
3 T. butter
¾ c. brown sugar
heart shaped cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 325° if using a dark nonstick pan or 350° if using a light colored or glass pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cookie crumbs with the ¼ c. butter. Press this mixture into a crust in a 9” x 13” ungreased pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed. When well blended, add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until just blended. Gently stir in ¾ c. raspberries. Spread this mixture evenly over the crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
4. To make the glaze: in a small saucepan, over medium/low heat, melt the 3 T. butter, add the brown sugar and remaining ½ c. raspberries. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When the cheesecake comes out of the oven, let it cool completely. Then start cutting heart shapes with your cookie cutter. Place 1 -2 hearts per plate (depending on the desired serving size). Drizzle the glaze (with a spoon) and top with chocolate syrup.
Makes 8-10 medium sized hearts.