Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
Maple bacon monkey bread is a great addition to any weekend meal; it’s sure to be a hit at every table! This sticky, delicious brunch staple only requires five easy-to-find ingredients: refrigerated biscuits, maple syrup, butter, brown sugar, and bacon. The bacon bits add a savory, salty, and sweet flavor all at once, while the maple syrup complements it for the perfect breakfast combination. We also love using refrigerated biscuits for this recipe, which cuts baking time down considerably. Feel free to supply your brunch guests with forks and knives, though we believe the best way to eat maple bacon monkey bread is by tearing into it with your fingers!
2 tubes (7.5 oz. each) refrigerated biscuits
½ c. maple syrup
4 T. butter
2/3 c. (packed) brown sugar
1 c. bacon, cooked & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bundt pan (we used a 10 c. size pan) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove biscuits from tube and cut each biscuit into fourths.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, mix the maple syrup and butter together until the butter melts. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is mixed in.
- Once the sugar is mixed in to the syrup, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bacon.
- Add your biscuits to the sauce pan, and stir until all of the biscuit pieces are well coated. (Try to do this quickly so that the biscuits do not lose their shape.)
- Pour the biscuit and sauce mixture into the bundt pan and make sure it is evenly filled.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is cooked through. (The sauce should be bubbling.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a couple minutes.
- Pick a serving dish and carefully invert the monkey bread onto the serving dish. Serve immediately.