Chocolate and bacon taste wonderful together, so it seems natural that we’d come up with chocolate drizzled candied bacon! Semi-sweet chocolate chips are the perfect chocolate for this recipe, since they’re sweet and melt nicely. We also love how the maple syrup pairs with the bacon, giving this new “candy” a breakfast-type taste. You probably have the four basic ingredients required for this masterpiece already in the fridge or pantry; you just need bacon, brown sugar, maple syrup, and chocolate chips! This is a great recipe to make with children. They’ll love getting to dip the bacon in the syrup and brown sugar almost as much as you’ll enjoy getting to eat their savory and sweet creations! Chocolate drizzled candied bacon is about to become your new favorite dessert or sneaky treat.
Chocolate Drizzled Candied Bacon Ingredients
½ lb. bacon
½ c. brown sugar
½ c. maple syrup
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put a baking rack on top of it.
- Place the bacon slices on the baking rack in a single layer.
- Cook in oven for about 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow bacon to cool until you can handle it.
- On separate plates, place your brown sugar and syrup. Dip the bacon in the syrup and drain off excess with your fingers. Then place the bacon strip in the sugar and flip to coat both sides. Rub off excess. Each slice should have a thin coating on it. Place the coated bacon back on the baking rack. Repeat this until all slices are coated.
- Place the bacon back in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the bacon to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips (stirring every 30 seconds) until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the bacon and place on a clean sheet of parchment paper. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto the bacon. Allow to set. (If you want the chocolate to set quickly, place it in the fridge or freezer for a little bit.)