Submitted by Karen Tack
Author of "Hello, Cupcake!"
1/2 c. vanilla frosting, divided
Orange and yellow food coloring
1/2 c. chocolate frosting, divided
2 cookies, each 3" in diameter
1 vanilla wafer
1 red fruit chew, Starburst or Jolly Rancher
2 mini chocolate chips
1 orange candy coated sunflower seed, or orange mini M&M
3 Tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the vanilla frosting into a small re-sealable bag. Tint 2 tablespoons of the vanilla frosting yellow and spoon into a re-sealable bag. Tint the remaining vanilla frosting orange with the food coloring and spoon into a re-sealable bag. Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate frosting into a re-sealable bag.
- Using a serrated knife, cut one of the round cookies in half to make the wings. Cut the marshmallow in half on the diagonal. Spread the top of the cupcake with the remaining chocolate frosting. Roll the edge of the cupcake in the chopped nuts to coat edge. Place the marshmallow piece at one edge, cut side down.
- Snip small corners on all of the bags with the frostings. Pipe a small dot of chocolate frosting on the marshmallow and press the whole cookie against it as the tail feathers. Starting about 1/2" from the edge, pipe a row of orange feathers with the orange frosting along rounded edge of whole cookie and wing cookies. Continue with a row of chocolate feathers. Finish on the tail feathers with a center of yellow feathers.
- Pipe a small dot of orange frosting in the center of the vanilla wafer and attach the orange candy. Shape a small piece of red fruit chew, about 1/8 of the candy, into a tear-drop shape. Press it onto the wafer as the gobble on one side of the beak. Pipe the white frosting as the eyes and attach the chocolate chips.
- Carefully press the decorated wing cookies on either side of the tail feathers. Press the vanilla wafer face in front of the tail feathers. Pipe some chocolate feathers on top of the cookie.
There are currently no reviews for this item.